Conn Custom Car ~ Insurance Claims
Let us handle your claim from beginning to end! No need to waste your time with the headaches of insurance claims and transactions – our management staff is highly qualified to handle your insurance claim from start to finish.
In the event of an accident, call us and we will walk you through the procedures step by step.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
DON’T BE INTIMIDATED OR COERCED BY YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY
YOUR CAR… YOUR CHOICE!
After you have done the necessary paperwork from the accident, contact the SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE! They will then set up a tow or if the car is drivable, an appointment to get your vehicle to the shop. The insurance company responsible for paying for the repairs is also responsible for paying the tow bill to the shop of your choice.
If the insurance company selected a shop and you prefer to go elsewhere, they are still obligated to pay for the additional tow.
If you need alternative transportation and have rental coverage or the other party’s insurance is paying the bill, ask the shop to set up the rental for you.
You have the right to alternative transportation until repairs are completed if the accident was not your fault. Check your insurance policy regarding the rental coverage.
Contact the insurance company responsible and let them know where the vehicle is and/or where it is going. Ask them for the claim number. If the insurance company wants to examine your vehicle at your house or in their claims center, you have the choice of doing this, or you can inform them that you are dropping the vehicle at the shop of your choice and they can see the vehicle there.
REMEMBER: YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE!
- Call the shop and give them the claim number. From this point on, they will negotiate on your behalf to ensure that your vehicle will be returned to its pre-accident condition.
- Connecticut law states your only obligation is to choose the shop of your choice and inform the insurance company where the vehicle is going. Your insurance company cannot direct you otherwise.
- You are not required to have your automobile repaired or appraised in a shop recommended by your insurance company.
- You are not required to get one or more estimate.
- You are not required to take your car to an insurance company’s drive-in claim center. You may drop your vehicle off at the shop and the insurance company will schedule an adjuster to come out to the shop to do the estimate and review the damage.
- Should the insurance company remit a check to you for your damages, accept the check but do not sign anything that states that your vehicle is paid in full.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you may have received, please ask us.